Sunday, January 31, 2010

First Presidency Message

"If we do not have a deep foundation of faith and a solid testimony of truth, we may have difficulty withstanding the harsh storms and icy winds of adversity which inevitably come to each of us.

Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order for us to be tested, we must face challenges and difficulties. These can break us, and the surface of our souls may crack and crumble - that is, if our foundations of faith, our testimonies of truth are not deeply embedded within us."

Remember that you do not walk alone...As you walk through life, always walk toward the light, and the shadows of life will fall behind you.

As I have turned to the scriptures for inspiration, a particular word has stood out time and time again. The word is 'come'. The Lord said, 'Come unto me'. He said, 'Come learn of me'. He also said, 'Come follow me'. I like that word, come. My plea is that we would come to the Lord."
~Pres. Thomas S. Monson

No comments: