Sunday, August 1, 2010

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I have been asked for the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cookies that I made for the Ward Party. I would LOVE to take credit, but I can't in good conscience! I got the recipe from http://www.picky-palate.com/ and made just a couple of modifications...So here is the recipe, ENJOY!!

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies – The Ultimate LA Cookie
~Courtesy of Jenny Flake
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
1/4 Cup Caramel Sauce (like Smuckers ice cream topping)
3 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
12 oz bag chocolate chips
1 Cup broken pretzels (optional)
1 1/2 Cups chopped good quality chocolate (I used a giant Hershey's Bar)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, and swirl in the caramel sauce until well combined.

2. Place the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl and mix. Slowly add to wet ingredients then add the chocolate chips and pretzels. Save chunks for later.

3. Place a golf ball size scoop of cookie dough into muffin top pan cups. Press down, then sprinkle generously with a pinch or two of sea salt then press the chocolate chunks on top (I used a Salt Grinder and twisted it 5 times per cookie!) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just golden around edges. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

**I have never used a regular cookie sheet for this recipe. I'm sure it will work, just make like traditional chocolate chip cookies.

No comments: